If you are a new incoming international student arriving in Waco for classes, you must complete the following online check-in process through your Global Bears account. Students will receive an email between August 7-10 with a link to submit the appropriate check in documents mentioned below:
- I-94 Form: Submit a scanned copy of your completed I-94 form to your Global Bears account.
- Baylor ID Card: Submit a scanned copy of the FRONT of your Baylor ID Card to your Global Bears Account.
Instructions to submit your I-94 Form
Follow each of the below steps to obtain your I-94 Form:
- CLICK HERE to visit the I-94 Website.
- Click on “Get Most Recent I-94”
- Read the instructions that appear and click on the blue “Consent & Agree” button.
- Enter the requested Traveler info, which includes your first and last (family) name, and also your Passport Number and Country of Issuance
- Save a copy of the I-94 form and submit it to your Global Bears account.
Instructions to submit your Baylor ID Card*
- CLICK HERE to login to the Baylor ID card website to submit a photo for your ID card online. You can submit this picture even before you arrive in Waco.
Online Photo Requirements:
Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
Taken in front of a plain white or off white background
Take in full face view directly facing the camera
Taken in clothing you wear on a daily basis
Format (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png)
Please note the picture will be cropped to 300x300
Once your photo is submitted, it will reviewed by the ID Card office. Your new photo will not be used until it has been approved. You will be notified if your photo does not meet the requirements.
To Submit an ID Photo Online:
Go online to https://idcard.baylor.edu
Login using your Baylor email information
Create a 4 digit PIN number that you will remember. A PIN must be created for your card to function properly at your residence hall. If you are not living in a residence hall, skip this step.
Click “Notification Preferences”- Choose at least one communication preference. This will be used in the event your picture does not meet the requirements.
Click “Submit ID Photo”
Review the photo requirements
Click “Upload Photo”- Choose file
If you have any problems or questions, please email MYID@baylor.edu or call 254.710.MYID (6943)
- Go to the Baylor ID Card Office to pick up your card. The Baylor ID Card Office is located in the Speight Parking Garage on Baylor’s campus. CLICK HERE for a Baylor Campus Map. It usually takes about 24-48 hours between submitting your photo and picking up the card.
- If you are living on-campus for the Fall 2020 semester, your card will be available to pickup in your residence hall when you move-in.
- If you would prefer a method without contact to pickup your ID card, contact the ID Card Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have your Baylor ID card, either take a picture of or scan the front of it that has your picture and submit it to your Global Bears account.
*If you are self-quarantining before arriving on Baylor’s campus, please follow the instructions below:
- You can pickup and submit a copy of your ID card after completing the mandatory two-week self-quarantine.
- You can still submit a copy of your I-94 and submit a picture for your ID Card while you are completing your self-quarantine.
Starting August 7th, Baylor will provide transportation from the Waco Airport and Greyhound Station to the hotels listed below in Waco*.
To register for this transportation, please complete the "New Student Information Fall 2020: On-Campus Learning" questionnaire located on your Global Bears account.
If you decide to stay in accommodations that are not on this list, then you will need to make your own transportation arrangements.
Waco Hotel Transportation List
- Red Roof Inn Waco 720 S M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Waco, TX 76704: +1 (254) 752-3388: Click here to check for availability.
- Courtyard by Marriott Waco: 101 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701: +1 (254) 752-8686: Click here to check availability.
- Hotel Indigo Waco: 211 Clay Ave, Waco, TX 76706: +1 (254) 754-7000. Click here to check availability
*These hotel accommodations do not apply to students who will be living on-campus for Fall 2020 and need to self-quarantine. If you fall into both these categories, please CLICK HERE for more information regarding self-quarantine procedures.
You must attend a Maintaining Status session. This is MANDATORY! You must be on time when the session begins; if you are late, you will not be allowed to enter and you will have to attend a different session. The session lasts for 1 1/2 hours and you must be there the entire time. If you do not attend, a hold will be placed on your account.
Please check back on this page or contact your DSO to find out more information about when and how your Maintaining Status session will be offered.
In in past, Baylor’s ISSS Office has hosted an in-person week-long program entitled Global Bears Week, which provides customized orientation programming for new incoming international students.
Due to the pandemic, and with many students beginning their studies at Baylor away from Waco, Global Bears Week will be online this semester. Beginning in early August, you will gain access to an online course entitled Global Bears Week via the CANVAS course system. This course will provide various resources for you to learn more about Baylor and opportunities to connect with other incoming and current international students how you can be successful during your time here as an international student. Please CLICK HERE to access your CANVAS portal.
For students that will be living in Waco, there may be limited face-to-face orientation activities during the week of August 17-20th. These events are for students to get to know one another and also learn more about campus. Please be advised that the planning of these events will be dependent upon COVID-19 health and safety concerns. We will provide you with more information as it becomes available.
If you have questions, please contact us at ISSS_Support@baylor.edu.