F-1 Degree-Seeking Students
We are excited that you want to join us at Baylor University! There is a lot of information that international students must review and understand, but the International Student and Scholar Services staff will assist you with the process of getting your documents and preparing to come to Baylor. Specifically, we will issue your Form I-20 so you can apply for an F-1 visa (for students - you may not study at Baylor with a B tourist or business visa). The I-20 is the document that proves that you are a student at the university and it is required in order for you to get a visa to enter the United States. Below are the steps you need to follow to get your I-20 from Baylor.
- After you get accepted to Baylor University, you must pay your deposit before any other steps.
- After you pay your deposit, we will send you a link so you can request your Form I-20.
- Submit all required information and documents to Baylor's ISSS Office using the link we send you. We will mail you the I-20 when it’s ready.
- Pay your SEVIS fee according to the information that we send to you with your I-20.
- Make your visa interview appointment with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate to obtain a U.S. F-1 visa stamp in your passport that will allow you to enter the United States.
- Make your travel plans to the U.S! Remember that your I-20 has the date that you are expected to be here at Baylor, so make your travel plans based on that date.
Transfer Students: If you are transferring your SEVIS record from a U.S. university or U.S. high school to Baylor, please remember that you must be in status at the time of the transfer. Baylor will not accept your SEVIS record if it is out of status. It is your responsibility to arrange a date for your SEVIS record to be transferred to Baylor by working with your International Student Advisor (DSO) at your current institution. Your current institution may have its own forms for your to complete.