Student Only Travel

If you are a Baylor student traveling abroad without Baylor faculty or staff, please follow the steps below. Please submit your application at least 60 days prior to departure.

Please note, Steps 1 and 2 should be completed concurrently. These two items must be completed before your trip can be approved by the Vice Provost for Global Engagement.

Step 1:Register Your Travel - Student

Step 2: Baylor Approval for Your Travel

  • Students must have Baylor faculty or staff sponsorship to register international travel. In many cases, course credit signifies Baylor sponsorship. Students must first seek sponsorship and departmental approval before completing the international travel application. If there is a question of sponsorship or the "official" nature of an international program that a student wishes to take independently, please contact the Center for Global Engagement.
  • Complete the International Travel Approval form and have it signed by your department chair. The dean’s signature is only necessary if course credit is to be earned during your program.
  • Send the completed form to the International Travel Coordinator by dropping it off at Hankamer Academic Building suite H160 or by mailing it to the Center for Global Engagement, Baylor University, One Bear Place #97012, Waco, TX 76798
  • Once the Center for Global Engagement has received your completed form and travel registration, your application will be processed and reviewed by the Vice Provost for Global Engagement.
  • The International Travel Coordinator will inform you of your application status after review.

Step 3: Required Forms

  • If you are traveling to a high-risk location, an additional high-risk travel waiver will be required.
  • If you or any participants are bringing any Baylor-owned technology abroad, print out the Export License Exception (TMP) Certification, after completing it through your application, and carry it with you on your travels.

Step 4: International Insurance

  • Baylor students are automatically enrolled in the university's international insurance policy when traveling abroad on Baylor business or using Baylor funds. The cost of insurance is $2/day of travel per participant. If guests (spouse, dependent, etc.) will accompany you for any part of your international travel, they are also enrolled in the international policy. Guest insurance costs must be paid prior to departure.
  • Once you have completed your travel registration on BearsAbroad, you will be sent your insurance card as a PDF via email. If you would like a plastic version of the card as well, please contact the International Travel Coordinator.

Center for Global Engagement

Hankamer Academic Center, H 160.01
1428 S. 5th St.
Waco, TX 76798

One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012

(254) 710-1461