Faculty & Student Group Travel
If you are a Baylor faculty or staff member who will be leading a group of students abroad for a trip that is not classified as a mission trip or short-term study abroad program, please follow the steps below. Please submit your application at least 90 days prior to departure.
If you will be leading a short-term study abroad program, please click here.
Please note, Steps 1 and 2 should be completed concurrently. These two items must be completed before your trip can be approved by the Vice Provost for Global Engagement.
- Note: This link is not to be used for Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs. For these programs, please visit the Program Director Portal.
Step 2: Baylor Approval for Your Travel
- Complete the International Travel Approval form and have it signed by your department chair. The dean’s signature is only necessary if course credit is to be earned during your program.
- Send the completed form to the International Travel Coordinator by dropping it off at Hankamer Acadmemic Building suite H160 or by mailing it to the Center for Global Engagement, Baylor University, One Bear Place #97012, Waco, TX 76798
- Once the Center for Global Engagement has received your completed form and travel registration, your application will be processed and reviewed by the Vice Provost for Global Engagement.
- The International Travel Coordinator will inform you of your application status after review.
Step 3: Required Forms
- Submit a completed Participant List to the International Travel Coordinator. Be sure to complete all fields in the roster.
- Once the participant list is received, the International Travel Coordinator will create a travel registration program for you on BearsAbroad.
- All travelers are required to log into BearsAbroad to complete the required materials and release forms online.
- If any travelers do not have a Baylor ID number and login information, a BearsAbroad profile will be created on their behalf using the email address provided in the participant roster. Non-Baylor participants can use this document for step-by-step guidance in accessing their profile.
- If minors will be accompanying your group, please notify the International Travel Coordinator. Paper forms for minors will need to generated by the Office of General Counsel.
- If you or any participants are bringing any Baylor-owned technology abroad, print out the Export License Exception (TMP) Certification, after completing it through your application, and carry it with you on your travels.
Step 4: International Insurance
- Baylor faculty, staff, and students are automatically enrolled in the university's international insurance policy when traveling abroad on Baylor business or using Baylor funds. The cost of insurance is $2/day of travel per participant. If guests (spouse, dependent, etc.) will accompany you for any part of your international travel, they are also enrolled in the international policy. Guest insurance costs must be paid prior to departure. The Baylor insurance costs will be assessed to the sponsoring department upon return. The International Travel Approval Form will serve as the approval for the chargeback.
- Prior to departure, you will receive insurance coverage forms and plastic insurance cards for each participant in your program.