Propose a New Program
Baylor University offers roughly 40 faculty-led study abroad programs in which one or more Baylor faculty members design, budget, recruit, and lead students through a summer (3-5 weeks; 1-2 courses) or winter (1-3 weeks; 1 course) summer study abroad experience. If you are interested in partnering with the Center for Global Engagement to offer a new study abroad program, contact the Study Abroad Program Coordinator of Faculty-Led Programs.
- Summer 2023 proposals due January 15, 2022
- Winter 2022-2023 proposals due September 15, 2021
Application process and materials:
- Meet with the Director for Study Abroad and the Faculty-Led Program Coordinator (click here to email): we will help you narrow down a location, help identify program providers and partners, walk you through the process, and help you along the way
- Instructions for new faculty-led proposals: a brief overview of the application process.
- New Program Abstract form: with a preliminary syllabus for the course that will be taught
- Example Proposals: Available upon request. Please contact the Faculty-Led Program Coordinator
- Expectations of Program Directors: This is the agreement that program directors sign every year; it lists all of the responsibilities associated with being a program director for a study abroad program
- Short Term Study Abroad Budget Form: no immediate action is necessary but this will give you an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the budget for the program which will be due if/after program approval. Keep in mind that all costs of study abroad programs are directly paid by students; use judicious stewardship.