Program Director Portal
- Open a Program Renewal Application for Summer 2022
- Program Director Development Videos
- Renewal Guide
- Budget Form
2021 Important Dates
- Program Director Development
- Monday, August 30, 3:00 - 5:00 pm or
- Tuesday, August 31, 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Study Abroad Fair (Hybrid): Click here to sign up!
- Sign up Deadline: September 6
- Dr Pepper Hour Fair: September 21 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Virtual Info Sessions: September 22 & 23, hourly session from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Application Deadline
- all materials must be in by October 1
Changes to Summer 2022 Renewal Process
- NEW Program Director Box Folders: each program will have a specific box folder where they can access all materials related to their program. This will be your folder so feel free to upload any materials related to your program such as agreements, course syllabi, budgets (which should still be emailed to CGEFinance), etc. there is also a group program director box with access to all common materials such as the renewal guide and budget form.
- Course Forms and Expectations of Program Directors will be submitted electronically. After submitting the Proposal to Renew, the Coordinator will send Program Directors links to sign the Expectations and Course Forms electronically through DocuSign. After Program Directors complete the forms, they will automatically be sent to Department Chairs and Deans for approval.
- Study Abroad Program Travel and Expense Management Guidelines: Program Directors shall acknowledge the following guidelines for group travel and expense management when designing programs and preparing budgets for study abroad program renewal.
- Group travel expenses (lodging, transportation, excursions, cultural events, etc.) shall be arranged through an approved travel agency or institutional partner and paid directly from the university. Contact the Faculty-Led Program Coordinator for assistance identifying agents and partners.
- Group travel expenses on a personal credit/debit card will not be reimbursed. Program directors should obtain a Travel Card through the university if there are any group expenses that require a credit card purchase. In the event that a large expense (over $5,000) cannot be paid directly, a one-time Travel Card increase may be requested to complete a group purchase.
- Cash distributions to students are prohibited. For summer 2021, Financial Services will have a card program in place to issue funds to students. Program directors should clearly advertise what meals and other expenses will/will not be included in the program fee and identify any funds to be distributed to students via the card program in the program budget.
- Travel Advances will not be issued for Meals Per Diem expenses. Faculty and staff travelers are encouraged to obtain a University Travel Card for such expenses.
- 2022 Short Term Study Abroad Budget Form
- Students cannot apply for or deposit to a program until the renewal application is approved and the Program Coordinator has opened applications.
- Courses that are not cross-listed in the Undergraduate Course Catalog cannot be cross-listed for study abroad. Students can, however, submit a degree audit petition through their dean’s office to request that the course be substituted for a different degree requirement.
In preparation for departure, Program Directors are responsible for the following:
- Attend a pre-departure meeting with CGE.
- Upon request from CGE Finance, confirm program details. Confirm that courses are listed accurately in the Schedule of Classes and obtain special approval and enrollment capacity overrides for all students to register for courses.
- Confirm that students registered correctly and settle their bills prior to departure.
- Ensure that all Program Directors, Faculty, and Volunteers have completed CSA training, a background check, Title IX training, and other requirements prior to program departure.
- Submit Final Itinerary (located in the post-decision phase of renewal application) at least 30 days prior to departure. Access your renewal application here.
- Submit travel advance at least two weeks prior to departure, if needed.
- Ensure the completion of release forms and questionnaires in BearsAbroad (paper forms for minors) by all program participants. (Note: This can be done as a group during a pre-departure meeting.)
- Confirm that insurance payments for guests are submitted prior to departure.
- Register group travel in STEP.