Getting a Driver's License
Go to the Driver License Office to take the required tests for a license. If you don’t already have a valid driver’s license from another state or country, you will need to take a Driver’s Education course if you are between the ages of 18 and 24. You can find out more information and study for your test at the Texas Department of Public Safety website which can be found at this link: Texas DPS . When you go to the office, you must take the following items with you:
- Passport with visa
- Baylor ID card
- 2 proofs of your Waco physical address (where you actually live). If you live off-campus, you may use utility bills, copies of your lease, insurance documents that show your address, etc. Please review the list of acceptable documents on the website above. If you live on the Baylor University campus, it may be difficult to find something with your actual physical address since Baylor uses a standardized mailing address that does not correspond to where you actually reside. In this case you will need to follow these instructions:
Obtaining Proofs of Waco Address when Living On Campus
- Contact the Community Living and Learning Office to request a residency letter. Please allow 2 weeks for processing. You will be notified when it is ready for pick-up.
- Go to the bank where your account is held and work with a bank officer
- Fill out a change of address form for the account.
- Write in your hall or apartment’s street address to replace the One Bear Place address (ask your CL if you don’t know your physical address).
- The bank will require that your international home address stay on the account.
- The bank will change your record but it will not be seen on your account until the next billing cycle is reported either online or on a paper bill.
- Take both documents to the Driver License Office.
Also, remember that if you have a car, you must have proof of insurance for the car you drive. If you do not have a car, you must sign a waiver on which you state that you do not currently own a vehicle.
Driver License Office
1617 East Crest Drive
Waco, TX 76705
Phone: (254) 759-7121
Alternate Phone: (512) 424-2600