Transfer Student Information


Transferring your F1 status to Baylor

Please remember that you must be in status at the time of the transfer. Baylor will not transfer your SEVIS record if it is out of status.

1. After applying to Baylor, you will use Baylor's Global Bears system to request a new I-20 and to provide Baylor with the necessary information it needs to transfer your SEVIS record from your current institution to Baylor.

2. Baylor will contact your current International Student Advisor (DSO) at your institution, but you will want to make sure that you have already contacted them to let them know that you plan to transfer.  They may have their own forms for your to complete. 

3. Let Baylor know if you are leaving the U.S. before coming to Baylor so we can dispatch your I-20 to you for travel.