Incoming Degree Students



Getting Started

Here is a summary of the primary tasks you will need to complete.

1. Get your Form I-20! The I-20 is the document that proves that you will be or are currently a student at the university and it is required in order for you to get a visa to enter the United States. We will mail you the I-20 when it’s ready.

2. Make your visa interview appointment with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate to obtain a U.S. F-1 visa stamp in your passport that will allow you to enter the United States.  You must get the F-1 visa to enter.  You may not enter on a B visa (tourist). 

3. Make your travel plans to the U.S! Remember that your I-20 has the date that you are expected to be here at Baylor, so make your travel plans accordingly.

4. Complete the Baylor ISSS Arrival Form through Global Bears.

To begin your immigration paperwork, simply click on the Global Bears link in the top right corner of the page!

In addition to the steps listed above, you should provide all required information and documentation to Baylor including your Health Form, Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine Record, Housing Request (if necessary), Insurance information, etc.