Tidwell Bible Building Dedication

Tidwell Bible Building Dedication Images

Tidwell Bible Building Dedication

Ribbon Cutting & Celebration Reception
Wednesday, Aug. 25 | 3 p.m. CDT

Agenda

3 p.m. Ribbon Cutting & Photographs
On Steps of Tidwell Entry

3:15 p.m. Dedication Remarks
Baylor University President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D.
Eula Mae and John Baugh Foyer, Tidwell Bible Building

Reception and Guided Tours to follow


About Tidwell Bible Building

Baylor University formally re-dedicates the newly-renovated Tidwell Bible Building, one of many historic buildings that make up the core of the University’s campus. The renovation of the 67-year-old building was planned as part of the $300 million in capital improvements to support the Give Light Campaign, the University's fundraising campaign intended to fund Baylor's efforts to become an R1 Christian research university.

The project was funded through a lead gift of $15 million from The Sunderland Foundation of Overland Park, Kansas, and a completion gift from the late Barbara “Babs” Nell Baugh, of San Antonio, and The Eula Mae and John Baugh Foundation.

Tidwell Bible Building, which was originally dedicated in 1954, was named after Baylor professor Josiah Blake Tidwell, who taught scripture classes for 36 years and was the founder of the current Department of Religion in 1910.

The facility will carry on a rich tradition of serving the majority of the University’s population as it houses faculty offices for the religion, history and sociology departments and features renovated technology-enabled classrooms and greater accessibility to enable technology-enhanced learning. New student commons areas were created on the entry level in the Eula Mae and John Baugh Foyer. Graduate seminar rooms, conference rooms and a dedicated graduate student lounge were also created through the renovation.