Tidwell Bible Building
On August 25, 2021, Baylor University celebrated the reopening of Tidwell Bible Building after a renovation and preservation saw its 57,000 square feet of classrooms and faculty offices dramatically expanded and enhanced as part of the Give Light Campaign’s capital improvements.
Made possible through lead gifts from the Sunderland Foundation of Overland Park, Kansas, and the late Barbara “Babs” Nell Baugh, of San Antonio, and The Eula Mae and John Baugh Foundation, the renovation of Tidwell represented a critical overhaul of classroom and faculty office space for the university. The newly-renovated building now serves as the permanent home for faculty from the departments of history, sociology and religion. Tidwell will continue a rich tradition of serving the majority of the University’s population through technology-enabled classrooms, graduate seminar rooms, conference rooms and a dedicated graduate student lounge.
Originally opened in 1954, Tidwell was named after Rev. Josiah Blake Tidwell, who taught religion for 36 years and served as chair of Baylor's Department of Religion in the early 1900s.During its more than 60 years as part of the core of Baylor's campus, Tidwell Bible Building served tens of thousands of Baylor students who have completed religion, philosophy, history, sociology, nursing, modern foreign language, and sacred music classes in its classrooms.
To learn more about opportunities to give to initiatives such as the Tidwell Bible Building, contact Give Light Campaign Director Toby Barnett.Toby Barnett
Associate Vice President and Campaign Director