The Beta Tau Chapter of Delta Delta Delta at Baylor University began under a different name. Peer Club was a woman's organization at Baylor that can be traced back to 1938. Their founding principles align with those of Delta Delta Delta. In September 1959, Peer Club moved to change their name to Greek Letters. In October, "Kappa Theta" was selected by popular vote and the organization was known as such thereafter. In 1977, the organization voted to affiliate with the national Tri Delta organization.
More information about Delta Delta Delta can be found in the BU Records: Delta Delta Delta at The Texas Collection.