Officially formed in 1924, Alpha Omega became the first female social club to emerge at Baylor University. The sorority was founded by Anna Lee Truett, Elizabeth Moncrief, Mary Robinson, and Christine Richardson at the suggestion of Dr. Charles D. Johnson. As part of their service, Alpha Omega raised $5,000 for the Women's Memorial Dormitory Fund, becoming the first organization to offer such a donation. The sorority also sponsored several social events, including the Christmas Fire Dance. Following the influence of the male social clubs that had become Interfraternity Council Greek organizations, Alpha Omega became a chapter of Pi Beta Phi on August 13, 1977. Established as the Texas Zeta Chapter, the sorority has remained involved on Baylor's campus since its official colonization.
More information about Alpha Omega/Pi Beta Phi can be found in the BU Records: Alpha Omega at The Texas Collection. This finding aid is currently incomplete. Please e-mail The Texas Collection at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.