If your meal plan petition request is due to a medical reason, please contact the Office of Access & Learning Accommodation at 254.710.3605 or OALA@baylor.edu. Additional information can be found on their website at https://www.baylor.edu/OALA/mealplan.
All other requests will be reviewed by the Meal Plan Petition Committee and a response sent within 7 business days of your submission. Meal Plan exemptions are rare. The following are not grounds for petitions:
- Vegetarian or vegan diets - Contact the Dining Services Registered Dietitian to discuss options on campus
- Financial cost - Contact the Financial Aid Office if you need assistance
- Too many meals available with the plan
- Not interested in the food offerings
Individuals requesting modification due to religion-based restrictions are required to meet with the Dining Services Registered Dietitian before their petition will be reviewed. The following documentation must be included with the petition request.
- Letter from your religious leader. Form is available here and must be uploaded.
- Include the specific request (special foods, reduction or exemption of the meal plan) when submitting the online form.
- Answer the following question and include it in your response to “Reason for the Request” section.
When living in a residence hall, how will you provide and prepare food to meet your religious and dietary needs (please note most kitchens and cooking equipment to which a student has access is shared)?