First Abroad Fellows
First Abroad Fellows – Scholarships for Studying Abroad – Part of the Global Baylor Initiative
One of the many new exciting programs Global Baylor has to offer!
The First Abroad Fellows program was launched in Fall 2018. This initiative coming out of Global Baylor is designed to help first-generation students become more globally engaged while a student here at Baylor.
What does it mean to be a First Abroad Fellow?
- You will be awarded a scholarship toward one of the nearly 100 study abroad programs offered here at Baylor University.
- A $3000 award will be held in reserve and applied to your student account for the term you are abroad.
- Assistance seeking out additional external scholarship opportunities.
- You will receive resources to apply for a passport if you don’t already have one.
- Advisors and staff will help you find a program that works towards completion of your degree plan, works within your schedule, and helps connect your passions to your goals.
What do you have to do to remain in the program?
- Remain in good academic standing: Most of our study abroad programs have a minimum 2.5 GPA requirement.
- Meet with a study abroad advisor at least once every semester. As well as attend a small number of group meetings. This is to ensure that you can develop a plan early and stay on track.
First Abroad Fellows applications for the 2022-2023 cohort are now open!!
If you have questions please email us at Global_Baylor@baylor.edu