The CCSI Innovation Council is a community of expertise in the various aspects of social innovation (entrepreneurship, poverty alleviation, spiritual formation, impact investing) that advise on the critical ideas needed to make CCSI effective. Especially during this first year, they will provide the inspiration, depth of knowledge, and credibility necessary for CCSI to achieve its goals and provide an excellent experience for innovators, mentors, and investors.
The Council is composed of individuals, primarily from outside of Baylor and Compassion, who hold deep knowledge into social innovation and its integration with our Christian faith. They act as advisors on specific CCSI deliverables and influence the ethos, strategy and content of the project.
2021 Innovation Council Members
- Miguel Angel Figueroa Calsina, Investment Principal, World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Reuben Coulter, Director of Ecosystems, Faith Driven Investors
- Dr. Brian Fikkert, President and Founder, the Chalmers Center for Economic Development
- Dr. JoAnn Flett, Managing Director, Partners Worldwide
- Roland Heersink, Founder & Chairman of Christian Business Angels
- Edouard Lassegue, Vice President of Latin America and Caribbean Region, Compassion
- Guillermo Méndez, Theologian, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala
- Matthew Rohrs, CEO, Sinapis
- Ryan Russell, SVP of Design and UX, Hinge Health
- David H. Wills, President Emeritus, National Christian Foundation