In an eTutoring appointment, you upload a copy of your text (essay, paper, resume, thesis, etc.) to the online scheduling system (baylor.mywconline.com) for a consultant to review. Unlike a video conference, eTutoring does not take place in real time. The consultant’s feedback will be based on your concerns and priorities and include a letter commenting on the overall strengths, areas for improvement, and suggestions for revision.
As with any UWC session, the focus is on learning. Our goal is to help teach you to identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, help you find answers, and help you learn how to research, write, revise, and proofread on your own. We want you to become a better writer by learning how to improve the quality of your writing overall, as well as improving the quality of one specific piece of writing. Consequently, the consultant will not provide line-by-line corrections.
How eTutoring Sessions Work
- Schedule an appointment online here. When booking your appointment online, choose a tutor with “eTutoring” listed under her name and choose the “eTutoring” option for your appointment.
- When booking your appointment, include the following information under “What would you like to work on today?” so that your consultant has as much information as possible. This is the only time you will be able to share your questions or comments with your tutor, so be as detailed as you can.
a. Briefly describe the assignment or the context for writing.
b. Describe what you like most about this draft.
c. Describe your three main concerns about this assignment/project. The more specific you are in your explanation, the more we can give you targeted feedback to help you revise.
- Attach your draft and the assignment prompt or rubric (if applicable) at the bottom of the appointment window. Microsoft word documents (.doc or .docx) are preferred.
- Your consultant will upload electronic feedback, and you will receive an email notification when this happens, along with a "Session Note," which gives you information about the consultation. You may also receive your tutor’s feedback letter as an email attachment. If you do not receive feedback via email, or can’t find the email at a later date, you can always access your tutor’s feedback through our online scheduler (baylor.mywconline.com).
You can expect to receive your feedback within 48 business hours, Monday through Friday.
To Access Feedback Through the Online Scheduler
You can follow these directions to access your tutor’s feedback letter through the online scheduler:
- Log into your account at baylor.mywconline.com.
- Click on your eTutoring appointment time to open your Appointment Form.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Appointment Form.
- Click on the document that your tutor has uploaded into the “Attached Files” section to download your tutor’s feedback letter.
Any student, faculty, or staff member is welcomed to schedule an appointment using our online scheduler (baylor.mywconline.com). For more information on how to schedule your online appointment now, visit our Schedule an Appointment page.