Welcome to the Office of Engaged Learning (OEL) of the College of Arts & Sciences! The OEL contributes significantly to Baylor University’s goals in transformational undergraduate education by facilitating experiential learning, serving as the central hub of programs through which faculty and staff help a diverse array of students maximize their undergraduate experience through learning beyond the classroom. The OEL is a place where you can link transformational education to opportunities for application, bringing together mentoring opportunities for students across fields of study and empowering our undergraduates to:
- compete for major fellowships and awards at the national and international level,
- participate in faculty-led research,
- engage in academically-informed work for the good of the community,
- gain valuable professional experience through internships, particularly in research and public service, and
- explore the world, broaden understanding, and deepen multicultural experience through study abroad.
As you explore this site, please know that the Engaged Learning team is here to help you discover new possibilities tailored to your academic and professional ambitions. We in the Office of Engaged Learning are guided by a singular goal and purpose: we are here to help you flourish, to equip you to discover the pathways that help you maximize your undergraduate education and apply your learning in the places where the world most needs your intellect, innovation, and energy!
Dr. Lee Nordt Dr. Andy Hogue
Dean, College of Arts & Sciences Associate Dean for Engaged Learning