Virtual Science Symposium Poster Session
Our first Virtual Science Symposium Poster Session is designed for undergraduate students that are working in a research lab at Baylor University in one of our Science Departments. Students will record their poster presentations on video and submit them for participation. Each presentation will be judged by a team of peers, graduate students, and professors. The top three presentations will receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and receive a certificate, a medal, and bragging rights.
What is a virtual poster session?
As the name implies, participating students will submit their poster presentation in a video recording. Presentations must be 5 minutes or less in length. The poster can be printed or it can be projected onto a screen. Once you have your video ready, post it on YouTube (in your account), and fill out our registration form giving us the URL where your video can be found. If you have never seen a video poster presentation before, you can find a good example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccFm0Aqmfto
Jan 31: Deadline to submit videos
Feb 1 - 20: Judging process
Feb 24: Top 3 posters will be announced.
- The deadline to submit your registration is January 31st, 2020 by 5:00 PM
- You must fill out the registration form and provide a working URL where your video can be found.
- Your video cannot be longer than 5 minutes from start to finish. Videos longer than 5 minutes will be disqualified.
- The presenter must be an undergraduate student.
Virtual Posters should contain the following:
1. Title with authors, institution, and address right under the title.
2. Introduction or background
3. Materials and Methods
4. Results (or Results and Discussion)
5. Discussion and Conclusions (or Conclusions)
The Colorado State University Writing Studio has a fantastic site on posters, with a plethora of helpful hints and suggestions. Check it out at http://writing.colostate.edu/guides/speaking/poster/