Laboratory & Research
Welcome to the Laboratory & Research section of the website. Here we have pulled together the various kinds of information you will find useful if you work in or manage a university laboratory. For ease of navigation, we have grouped the information into categories.
– provides general surveillance over teaching and research which involve biohazardous agents as well as research that utilizes recombinant nucleic acid in cells including plants, arthropods, and animals.
– Information on chemical storage, certain special chemical categories, and waste materials.
– General information applicable to the majority of labs in the department.
– Information on non-ionizing radiation (lasers), notably class IIIB and IV.
– Information on ionizing radiation, such as radioactive isotopes and radiation generating machines.