Laboratory Inspection Program
Overview of Program
In an effort to promote a safe working environment in the university's laboratories, EH&S has a multi-tiered inspection program. This program is comprised of three parts:
- Quarterly or monthly self-inspections, determined by the hazards noted in your lab setup on BioRAFT.
- Official EH&S inspections that are conducted in the areas of chemical safety, radiation safety, laser safety, and biological safety.
- A progressive procedure for addressing corrective actions.
In addition to this official inspection regime, there are additional checks done within the laboratory environment. These include:
- An annual check of the safety showers.
- An annual check of the chemical fume hoods and/or biological safety cabinets.
- Regular flushing of the eyewash/drench hoses.
- Unannounced EH&S "Spot Checks".