While Baylor University does not require domestic students and dependents to hold health insurance, we do provide a variety of health insurance options. For more information regarding health insurance opportunities, visit the Baylor Health Center website.
Please note: Baylor University does require that all international students and accompanying dependents hold unlimited coverage in medical insurance. You can view Baylor's international student insurance policy, here.
Prior to entering the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, students must submit health provider proof of a health examination and updated information of immunizations health certificate indicating TB testing results and HBV immunization series.
Specific related requirements include:
- Provide proof of current BLS certification
- Provide proof of a satisfactory and current physical examination
- Provide proof of Tuberculosis (TB) testing within the last 12 months (positive results will require the student to receive a chest x-ray and further evaluation)
- Provide proof of Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 doses)
- Provide proof of MMR vaccine (2 doses) OR immunity by titer
- Influenza vaccine (required annually to be given during influenza season: October through May)
- Provide proof of Tetanus, Diphtheria, & Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine within the last 10 years
- Provide proof of Polio vaccine series (3 doses OR date of last booster OR immunization as an adult)
Prior to entering the clinical phase (year 2) of the program, students must again update their immunization and health certificate and provide proof of the following:
- Current BLS certification
- Updated annual Tuberculosis (TB) testing
- Blood-borne pathogen orientation course
For more information about immunization of Health Care Workers, click here.
The DPT program is not currently requiring the COVID vaccination. However, large numbers of health care facilities are requiring a COVID vaccination and we expect that DPT students unwilling to get vaccinated will NOT be able to complete the clinical requirements necessary to complete the program. We strongly encourage vaccination for all students prior to entering the program to protect the health and safety of students and faculty during lab immersions, while minimizing the risk of delaying/disrupting education due to illness or quarantine.
Click here for more information regarding the accreditation status of Baylor's DPT program.