The appeal process allows an individual to appeal a parking notice believed to have been issued in error. The appeal must be completed within 14 calendar days of the email notice. Appeals beyond the fourteen-day period will NOT be considered.
To Appeal A Citation:
Login to your Parking Account- Quick Links (bottom right corner)- Click on Appeal Citation.
Overview and Minimum Requirements:
Appealing a parking notice indicates that you believe you were parked in accordance with the Baylor Parking Regulations and were incorrectly cited for a parking violation. For an appeal, there must be substantial and valid evidence that the parking violation was NOT committed, or that it occurred due to circumstances beyond the customer's control. If a customer has valid documentation of the evidence, it should be provided at the time the appeal is submitted.
- A factual statement supporting why a citation should be voided. Opinions and/or a lack of knowledge of Baylor Parking regulations are not valid reasons for an appeal.
- Each Parking Notice must be appealed individually (avoid references to other appeals).
- The individual appealing the citation is responsible for providing supporting documentation (reference letters, receipts, pictures, etc.). Parking Services will NOT make additional efforts to obtain this information.
- Be polite
- Be honest
- Be concise
Appeal Decisions and Process:
Appeals may be resolved in one of two ways.
- The citation may be upheld.
- The appeal may be accepted (and fine removed).
Appeals will be reviewed within 45 calendar days of the submission of a completed appeal. An email notification will be sent out after this review has reached a conclusion.
If a student's appeal meets the minimum requirements mentioned above, and their citation is upheld, they may request a hearing by the student court. An appeal to the student court must be requested by email within 7 calendar days of receiving email notification of the Parking Services review. Forward your appeal result email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your appeal statement in the forwarded email.
- Baylor students will have the notice amount billed to their student account.
- Baylor Faculty and Staff members will have the notice amount deducted from their payroll.
- Handwritten (paper) parking notices may not be available for appeal for up to 48 hours after being issued.