BU Campus Guardian
The BU Campus Guardian Mobile Safety Application can turn your smartphone into a personal safety device! Quickly contact University Police in case of an emergency by phone call or text. Follow the link for additional information about BU Campus Guardian.
To Download the free BU Campus Guardian App:
- Go to your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for Rave Guardian
- As part of the download you will be asked to create a simple safety profile and enter your Baylor email. It is essential that you provide as much information as possible when setting up your profile. When first using the app, it will ask for permission to access your location. Please allow location access for faster response to your need for assistance.
- The final step is to reply to an email that will be sent to you by Rave Guardian, this will complete the configuration of the app on your mobile device
BU Campus Guardian has an outstanding portfolio of safety features:
Safety Profiles for Faster Emergency Response
- Your safety profile contains details such as your campus residence hall or office location, medical condition or other pertinent information. This information is automatically presented to the police dispatcher during an emergency call for faster, more precise response
- It is strongly recommended that you enter the name of your building and then your room or office number when setting up your profile. The more information provided, the quicker officers will be able to reach your location and provide the assistance needed.
- This data isn't shared with police until activation occurs either by call, text or expired safety timer
Tips & Multi-Media Messaging
- Allows members of our community to send text and photo content direct to the Baylor Police Department Communications Center
- The two way texting allows the police dispatcher to provide safety instruction or follow up to gain additional information about the incident from the reporting individual
- All tips that are sent to the Police Department are confidential
- Allows our deaf or hard of hearing community members to effectively contact the Baylor Police Department Communications Center
Emergency Call Buttons
- Through your mobile device, a user can send an alert to the Baylor Police Communications Center with one-click, automatically providing the users information and GPS location
- If off campus you can call the local 911 call center with one button click