Crime Victim Resource Information


The Baylor University Police Department is committed to providing assistance to victims of crime.  If at any time you have any questions regarding victim information or services, please contact one of the victim assistance liaisons below.

Baylor University Police Department

Primary Contact:

Lieutenant Molly Davis

Additional Contact Information:

(254) 710-2211


If you have additional information or questions regarding your case, contact the Criminal Investigations Division at (254) 710-2211.

If you are intimidated by the suspect or the suspect’s family or friends, please call the local law enforcement agency immediately.

McLennan County Criminal District Attorney
Victim Assistance Division
Cybil Humphreys, Victim Assistance Coordinator
219 N. 6th Street, Suite 200
Waco, TX 76701
(254) 757-5084
McLennan County Victim Assistance Program Website


The State of Texas intends that victims of crime receive safeguards, assurances, and considerations.  To view crime victims’ rights in Texas, click here.

Para español, haga clic aquí.


The Texas Constitution (Article I, Section 30) provides victims of violent crime with the right, upon their request, to receive notice about court proceedings and the conviction, sentence, imprisonment, and release of the accused.  For more information about victim notification, click here.

Para español, haga clic aquí.


In 1979, the Texas Legislature passed the Crime Victims’ Compensation Act, creating the Compensation to Victims of Crime Fund and the Crime Victims’ Compensation (CVC) Program.  For more information about crime victim compensation, click here

The Crime Victims' Compensation Program will reimburse "reasonable costs" associated with forensic sexual assault examinations of victims of alleged sexual assaults in an amount not to exceed $700.00 in the aggregate.  For more information, click here.

Para español, haga clic aquí.


It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm even if that person is a member or former member of your family or household.  Please tell the investigating peace officer if you, your child, or any other household resident has been injured or you feel you are going to be in danger when the officer leaves or later.  You have the right to ask the local prosecutor to file a criminal complaint against the person committing family violence.  For more information about personal safety, click here.

Para español, haga clic aquí.


You also have the right to apply to a court for an order to protect you (you should consult a legal aid office, a prosecuting attorney, or a private attorney). If a family or household member assaults you and is arrested, you may request that a magistrate's order for emergency protection be issued.  Please inform the investigating officer if you want an order for emergency protection.  You need not be present when the order is issued.  You cannot be charged a fee by a court in connection with filing, serving, or entering a protective order.  For example, the court can enter an order that the abuser not commit further acts of violence; the abuser not threaten, harass, or contact you at home; directs the abuser to leave your household; and establishes temporary custody of the children and directs the abuser not to interfere with the children or any property.  A violation of certain provisions of court-ordered protection may be a felony.  For more information about protective orders, click here

Para español, haga clic aquí.


Department of Public Safety

Speight Plaza Parking Facility
1521 S. 4th St.
Waco, TX 76706
Parking Matters: 254.710.7275
Non-Emergency: 254.710.2211
Emergency: 254.710.2222