If the traveler has been a victim of a crime, harassment, discrimination, terrorism, natural disaster, etc., there is help available from Baylor.
- Students studying abroad or on Baylor Missions travel should notify their program/resident director.
- If there is no on-site staff associated with the program or the victim is traveling independent of a group, call Baylor University's Global Safety and Security Hotline 24/7 at +1-603-328-1748 from anywhere in the world, or +1-855-521-6722 from the US or Canada. The duty officer will locate the Director of Global Safety and Security and connect them to the call.
Another option for American citizens is to contact the U.S. Department of State’s (U.S. DOS) American Citizen Services, who are prepared to assist with emergencies abroad.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or visit the U.S. DOS emergency abroad webpage to locate the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate and to read more emergency information.
- From overseas, call +1-202-501-4444
- From the U.S. and Canada, call +1-888-407-4747