In the case of a medical emergency:
- The traveler should go to the nearest clinic or hospital.
- Call Baylor University's Global Safety and Security Hotline 24/7 at: +1-603-328-1748 from anywhere in the world, or +1-855-521-6722 from the US or Canada.
- Provide the duty officer with the traveler’s name, policy number (if available), phone number, and your location.
- Our assistance providers will monitor your case closely to determine if medical care is appropriate and adequate local resources are available
- Often, our providers can arrange for direct payment to the medical facility for treatment. If they cannot directly pay the medical facility, the traveler will be reimbursed for the cost of treatment
- Students studying abroad should notify their program/resident director as soon as possible.
- If there is no on-site staff associated with the program or the patient is traveling independent of a group, call Baylor University's Global Safety and Security Hotline 24/7 at +1-603-328-1748 from anywhere in the world, or +1-855-521-6722 from the US or Canada.. The duty officer will locate the Director of Global Safety and Security and connect them with the caller.