Campus Crime & Fire Log
The purpose of the Daily Log is to record all criminal incidents, alleged criminal incidents and fire incidents that are reported to the Baylor University Police Department (BUPD). The Daily Log lists crimes, alleged crimes and fire incidents that occur on campus, as well as within the extended patrol response area (EPRAM) of the BUPD. The Daily Log provides crime and fire information on a more timely basis than the annual statistical disclosures. Up to 60 days of activity is available online or by request at the BUPD, (1521 South Fourth Street, Waco, Texas 76706). Data older than sixty days is available by making a request in person at the BUPD or by emailing the request form. It may take up to two days to provide access to older data.
*Due to technical difficulties, the Daily Log is only available using the Firefox or Chrome browsers.
There are two distinct sources for data in the Daily Log - data from BUPD and data from the Waco Police Department (Waco PD). Data from Waco PD from incidents in the EPRA has less detail. The Daily Log entries generated from Waco PD include the date of the report, but not the date range of the incident.
Crimes may be temporarily withheld from the Daily Log under the following circumstances:
- The disclosure will jeopardize the confidentiality and safety of a victim or the integrity of an ongoing investigation
- The disclosure may cause a suspect to flee or evade
- The disclosure may result in the destruction of evidence
The information required to be listed on the Daily Log includes:
- Date/Time the crime or fire was reported
- Date/Time Frame the crime or fire occurred. (When a crime is reported and the time of the incident is not known, the time will appear on the log as 12:00. This is a function of our software system.)
- General location of the crime or fire
- Nature of the crime
- Disposition of the case
Case Dispositions Defined:
- Active/Open - The case is not cleared and the investigation is on going
- Cleared by Arrest - The individual or individuals involved in the case were arrested for the alleged offense.
- Closed - The case has been investigated and is closed.
- Exceptionally Cleared - elements beyond law enforcement control precludes filing formal charges: death of offender, victim unable to assist after offender is identified, offender arrested and prosecuted in a different jurisdiction.
- Referred to Other Agency - The case has been referred to another agency for any further action.
- Suspended - The case is not being actively investigated due to a lack of leads, but may revert to active upon the development of additional information.
- Title IX Office Inquiry - The incident was reported to the Title IX Office, but has not been reported to the Police Department.
- Unfounded - A determination is made through the investigation that a reported criminal offense or attempted offense was not committed. The report was false or baseless in fact.
- Warrant issued - The case has been investigated and a warrant was issued for involved parties.
All case dispositions are regularly updated. If you are following a case, please note the status change in the original case entry.
The Daily Log and map are housed on the End-To-End Public Safety ARMS portal and are not housed within Baylor University’s website or systems.