(including icy conditions)
When inclement weather conditions, such as an ice or snowstorm, are in the forecast, Baylor University's Office of Emergency Management implements the University’s standard procedures to monitor conditions and determine the impact on university operations.
If conditions require changes in university operations, such as a delay or closure, Baylor students, faculty and staff will be notified through the following methods:
- Baylor Alert (text and email messages)
- Notice(s) posted to www.baylor.edu
- Social media via the University’s official Twitter account @Baylor and Baylor’s Facebook page
- Local media outlets (TV, radio, newspapers)
- Recorded message via the Baylor Information Line at 254-710-4411
- Voicemail (used primarily in emergency situations)
The only times such weather notices will be issued are when there is a change in university operations, such as a delay or closure.
Baylor students, faculty and staff are encouraged to log in to BearWeb to enter or update their Baylor Alert contact information.
List of local media outlets
KWTX-TV Ch. 10 (cable Ch. 2)
KCEN-TV Ch. 6 (cable Ch. 3)
KXXV-TV Ch. 25 (cable Ch. 5)