Rising High School Seniors
Baylor's Summer of Discovery is making it easy for students entering their senior year of High School to get started early on their college career while completing courses online from home this summer.
With an innovative collection of discounted online course bundles, student leaders have an opportunity to explore their interests and see how they can impact a world changed by the COVID-19 pandemic — all while earning college credit. Summer of Discovery courses include core requirements that are transferable, apply toward multiple majors, and will serve as a foundation for a robust college experience.
Students who enroll in and complete nine hours of course credit with a 3.0 GPA or higher will jump to the front of the line for early admission into Baylor’s Fall 2021 entering class. Students will receive their acceptance by October 1, 2020. In addition, these students will receive a $1,000 scholarship towards their first year at Baylor. Students who complete nine hours with a 3.25 GPA or higher will be invited to attend Baylor’s signature scholarship event, Invitation to Excellence, where they have the opportunity to compete for a full-tuition faculty scholarship!
Here's how it works:
- Review the Summer of Discovery online course bundles and summer sessions in which they are offered.
- Summer 2020 classes will be held online and are available across two summer sessions. Students may choose to attend one or both sessions.
- Summer 1 (June 2-July 7) or Summer 2 (July 9-Aug. 12)
- Many summer classes are filling up fast. Talk with your advisor about the courses highlighted on the General Courses page.
- Summer of Discovery courses are offered at a flat rate based upon the number of hours taken. As the number of hours a student takes this summer increases, the tuition discount also increases.
- Take 6 credit hours at a discounted flat tuition rate of $3,500 and save nearly $5,000 on regular summer tuition.
- Take 9 credit hours at a discounted flat tuition rate of $5,000 and save more than $7,500.
- Students may take a maximum of 8 hours in any single summer session. The bundle discount applies to cumulative class hours taken across both sessions.
- Create a goBAYLOR account at baylor.edu/gobaylor. Then, apply for admission to Baylor at apply.baylor.edu/register/summerofdiscovery.
- The deadline to apply for Summer 2 classes is June 25, 2020. Students are eligible to take a maximum of 8 hours during Summer 2.
- No ACT or SAT score is required; simply upload an unofficial high school transcript with your application.
- Once you have been accepted to Baylor, follow the next steps in your goBAYLOR account and complete class registration for your selected bundle classes.
Classes will be taught by Baylor faculty in the supportive Christian environment that is a hallmark of a Baylor education. In addition, students will learn alongside peers who will challenge them to be their best.
Learn more about Summer of Discovery bundles for rising high school seniors in these schools and colleges:
In order to ensure compliance with state laws regarding consent to treatment, the reduced student fees payable for the online summer session by non-degree-seeking students, incoming freshmen, and transfers do not permit access to Baylor Health Services or Counseling Center. Academic counseling, applicable academic accommodations for disabilities, and other academic services are available for online non-degree-seeking students, incoming freshmen, and transfers. Online students who are present in Waco may use University Libraries, McLane Student Life Center, and other facilities that are open to students. All facilities are subject to closure at any time per government order or at Baylor’s discretion.