Live stream HERE.
Día is not just in Waco; it is wherever YOU are. This year has presented many challenges for Baylor students as the rise of COVID-19 has required us to move off campus and away from each other. But we are determined to still celebrate Díadeloso together-virtually! Díadeloso: Social Distancing Edition is happening April 21st, 2020! Celebrate with us by keeping up with Baylor University, Baylor Student Activities, and Baylor Diadeloso social media accounts.
Click HERE for the store front for Diadeloso Social Distancing apparel. Live now!
- 9:00 AM Introduction
- Join us for an official welcome to Diadeloso 2020!
- 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM At-Home Fun Run
- This year's Fun Run is for anyone and everyone to get outside and walk or move or ride a bike for as long or short as you want while wearing your Baylor gear!
- 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Baylor Diadeloso Ultimate Smashdown
- Current and prospective students compete head to head in a Super Smash Brothers Tournament
- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Noon Meal
- It is tradition that we all share a meal together. Since we can not all meet on Fountain Mall, snap a photo of your meal and send it to us!
- 12:00 PM Judge Joy & Judge Lady's Noon Meal
- Tune in for a live stream of Judge Joy & Judge Lady receiving their own special Día-themed Noon Meal
- 2:00 PM Virtual Dog Show Judging
- Get a glimpse of First Gent Brad Livingstone and First Dog Bu judging the Dog Show entries.
- 3:00 PM Dr Pepper Hour
- Join in as people across the country share a Dr Pepper Float and make your own if you are able. Be sure to tag us in a post!
- 5:00 PM Scavenger Hunt
- Join the rest of the Baylor family for a fun, in-home scavenger hunt - there will be prizes!
- 6:30 PM Winners of Contests Announced
- Tune in to hear the winners of the Dog Show, Scavenger Hunt, and Baylor Díadeloso Ultimate Smashdown.
- 7:00 PM Live Stream Concert featuring Phil Wickham
- 8:00 PM Conclusion
How did Díadeloso get started?
Día started in 1932 as a way to "bring smiles to the faces of students" by giving them a break from classes. The annual spring holiday gradually became a favorite pastime. Re-organized by the Chamber of Commerce in 1935, its popularity rapidly grew and the name of the occasion through the years changed from All University Day to Physical Fitness Day to May Day. In 1966 students voted to name the annual occasion "Díadeloso" or "The Day of the Bear."
Díadeloso Committee 2020