CSD Academic Appeal
Select the link below to open the Communication Sciences & Disorders Academic Appeal Form.
CSD Academic Requirements
The Baylor Undergraduate Catalog states the following requirements in order to be eligible to continue as a CSD
- Complete and earn a “B” or better in the following courses: CSD 1308 Survey of Speech Pathology and
Audiology, CSD 2318 Language Development, CSD 2351 Introduction to Phonological Science, and CSD
3357 Anatomy and Physiology.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA average in the CSD courses is required for retention in major.
- A student who earns a D or F in a CSD course may repeat the course. However, a student earning a second D or
F in the same course, or in a subsequent CSD course, will not be eligible to continue in the CSD major.
CSD Academic Appeal Policy and Procedures
- According to the Baylor Catalog: Students who believe they have individual circumstances warranting an exception
to these grade minimums and failure policies may appeal to the department chair.
- A student who wishes to appeal must fill out this form and submit the appeal to the CSD Department during the
time-frame specified at the bottom of your notification letter. The appeal will be reviewed by the CSD Chair and/or Appeals
Committee and you will be notified of the result by email.
- The written appeal should be carefully and thoughtfully written and should contain specific information as to why
an exception should be granted in this case. Any information you would say in person needs to be put in writing in
this form in order to be considered.