As a CSD major at Baylor, you'll be exposed to a variety of disorders and career options within this profession. The experiences you receive will shape your future career path.
Communication sciences and disorder degree programs prepare students to diagnose and treat a variety of hearing and speech language disorders in children, the elderly, and adults. Students can anticipate careers as speech language pathologists or audiologists.
Common employment settings for people with CSD degrees include:
- Hospitals/Rehabilitation Centers
- Physicians' offices
- Speech, language, and hearing centers
- Home healthcare
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Residential facilities
- Private individual or group practice
- Preschool Agencies - ECI (Early Childhood Intervention)