On-Campus Internship ProgramDo you need help from a qualified individual? Baylor's On-Campus Internship Program is designed to partner Baylor students with on-campus professionals to give students real-work experience.
Baylor's On-Campus Internship Program employs students for 10 weeks.
Establishing Your InternshipRewards
Benefits of having a Baylor intern are numerous:
- Mentor a Baylor student new to your field
- Gain innovative ideas from the fresh perspective of an intern
- Cost-effective connection for a real contribution
- Learning activities will include learning objective and goals, observation, reflection, evaluation and assessment.
- Promotes academic, career, and personal development.
- Internships can be part of an education program that is carefully monitored for academic credit or internships can be part of a learning plan that is developed individually.
Requirements of students to participate
- Enrolled full-time in good standing with the university.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Be able to attend all program events.
Requirements of hosting offices
- Give the students real work aligned with their learning objectives as stated on the learning agreement.
- Provide formal feedback regarding performance via a midterm and final evaluation.
- Internship should not displace a university employee.
- Students and offices are committing to a part-time internship - 100 hours to 200 hours over 10 weeks (10-20 hrs per week for 10 weeks).
- Students are trained to handle themselves professionally during their internship.
- Baylor's On-Campus Internship Program staff are available to support students and offices as needed.
- On-site supervisors are encouraged to take their students to meetings, etc to give them the full internship experience.