Counseling Services in Response to COVID-19
The constant news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the move of universities around the country, including Baylor University, to online instruction for the rest of the spring semester can be quite overwhelming. Please be assured that Baylor’s highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our students and our campus community.
Because of CDC guidance to limit in-person contact to help curb the spread of COVID-19, the Baylor Counseling Center will not be providing in-person services to students for the remainder of the semester. However, we are prepared to offer students with counseling services that can be accessed through a range of devices in a secure HIPAA compliant format.
Please read this important information about our services available to students:
- When regular appointments resume at the Counseling Center on March 23, students will have the option of receiving counseling via phone or teleconference.
- We will continue to offer our crisis services that are available to students at all times. If you are in crisis and need to speak with a counselor, you may call the Counseling Center 24/7 at 254-710-2467.
- Group therapy meetings have been canceled for the rest of the semester. If you are part of a group, your group facilitator will contact you about your options for services.
- In addition to the phone and teleconferencing options available to all students, please remember these resources that may also be available to you in addition to the Counseling Center resources:
- You can contact local mental health providers in your area.
- Telehealth options are frequently offered through your insurance carrier.
- Baylor offers access to Self-Help TAO. This is a free, online platform for mental health. Find out more at https://thepath.taoconnect.org/local/login/home.php. (Log in with your Baylor email.)
- Academic Health Plans is providing its Student Assistance Plan to ALL Baylor students (on-campus and online) at no cost for the rest of the Spring 2020 semester. The SAP includes access to a 24/7 Care Center (including weekends and holidays), life and wellbeing resources and helpful online and mobile tools.
- In addition to the above, graduate students have access to several free phone/video counseling sessions through ComPsych: https://www.baylor.edu/counseling_center/index.php?id=966811.
If you are currently residing outside the state of Texas, our ability to provide counseling services for you may be limited due to laws governing our ability to practice across state lines. Please contact our office if you have questions.
If you want to speak to the Counseling Center about any of our available services, you can contact us during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST) at 254-710-2467.