We are still here for you; we just look a little different
Counseling Services Response to Serving Students During the Pandemic
The constant news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the move of universities around the country, including Baylor University, to online instruction for the rest of the spring semester and summer sessions can be quite overwhelming. Please be assured that Baylor’s highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our students and our campus community.
Because of CDC guidance to limit in-person contact to help curb the spread of COVID-19, the Baylor Counseling Center will be serving students over phone and video. Tele Behavioral health services are easily accessible and affective. We are prepared to offer students services that can be accessed through a range of devices in a secure HIPAA compliant format.
Please read this important information about our services available to students:
- Currently students have the option of receiving counseling services via phone or video telehealth.
- We will continue to offer our crisis services that are available to students at all times. If you are in crisis and need to speak with a counselor, you may call the Counseling Center 24/7 at 254-710-2467.
- In addition to the phone and teleconferencing options available to all students, please remember these following resources that may also be available to you:
- You can contact local mental health providers in your area.
- Telehealth options are frequently offered through your insurance carrier.
- Baylor offers access to Self-Help TAO. This is a free, online platform for mental health. Find out more at https://us.taoconnect.org/register. (Register with your Baylor email.)
- In addition to the above, graduate students have access to several free phone/video counseling sessions through ComPsych: https://www.baylor.edu/counseling_center/index.php?id=966811.
If you are currently residing outside the state of Texas, our ability to provide counseling services for you may be limited due to laws governing our ability to practice across state lines. We can help assist in connecting you to your local resources. Please contact our office if you have questions.
If you want to speak to the Counseling Center about any of our available services, you can contact us during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST) at 254-710-2467.