eNews: Summer COVID-19 Guidance and Information
As we transition to summer, the continued safety of Baylor students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance, especially as we continue our preparations for more normal operations in the fall. We ask that you continue to adhere to COVID-19 weekly testing requirements unless you have an exemption*. Also, please take note of the new guidelines below regarding occupancy, face coverings and domestic travel.
Occupancy and Face Cover Guidance
As of May 12, Baylor University is adopting new guidance for indoor and outdoor occupancy.
Outdoors: There are no capacity limitations for outdoor activities. Additionally, face coverings are now optional outdoors.
Indoors: If fully vaccinated, the following activities are permissible:
- Any person (faculty, staff or student) who is fully vaccinated can meet indoors with other fully vaccinated persons in groups of 15 or less without a face covering or maintaining social distancing (lab, classroom or meeting room).
- Any person (faculty, staff or student) who is fully vaccinated can meet indoors with mixed groups of vaccinated and non-vaccinated persons in groups of 15 or less without a face covering or maintaining social distancing. However, those who are not fully vaccinated are still required to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- Face coverings are still required indoors in public or common areas.
Summer Testing Locations and Hours
If you are coming to campus throughout the summer, please continue to test weekly – just as you have during the spring – unless you are exempt from testing. *Exemptions include being fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or within 90 days of a positive COVID test.
Below are summer locations and hours for COVID-19 testing. No appointments are necessary.
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday at the North Village Community Center (NVCC).
- 9 a.m.-noon on Wednesdays at Robinson Tower, Fifth Floor, and from 1-5 p.m. at Washington Tower, Room 170.
From June 7-July 19, testing hours will change at NVCC only.**
- 7-9 a.m. Mondays and Tuesdays at NVCC will be for Orientation students only.
- Testing is available for faculty, staff and students from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday at NVCC.
- We will revert to the original summer hours at NVCC from July 20-Aug. 13.
Symptomatic/exposed: If you are a student with COVID symptoms or exposure to the virus, please log in to the Health Portal to make an appointment for testing at the Baylor Health Center in the McLane Student Life Center. Employees should contact their healthcare provider.
Confirming your vaccination
If you have been fully vaccinated, please confirm your vaccination by filling out the brief form at www.baylor.edu/vaccine and uploading a photo of your completed vaccination card. This HIPAA-protected information will be submitted to Baylor Health Services for exemption from weekly testing and quarantine and also helps us know how well protected Baylor is as a community as we continue planning for a normal fall.
Baylor's medical team strongly encourages everyone in our campus community to get vaccinated as soon as possible. COVID-19 vaccines are available now and throughout the summer at the Baylor Health Center in the McLane Student Life Center. Click HERE or call the Health Center at 254-710-1010 to make your appointment. Planning also is underway for a Saturday family vaccination clinic on May 22, and we will share more details soon.
We understand you may have questions or concerns about the vaccines. We encourage you to call your healthcare provider or Baylor Health Services at 254-710-1010 so they may address your questions.
Baylor University employees who are fully vaccinated can now travel domestically for university business purposes. This is in accordance with CDC guidance on domestic travel during COVID-19.
Baylor Health Management Team