Students, Faculty and Staff:
Earlier today, Baylor Athletics announced
that three student-athletes – all residing off campus when tested – have tested positive for COVID-19.
We are starting to see an increase in COVID-19 cases across the state and country, and this serves as a good reminder for all of us to continue to strengthen our personal health protection
- Practice social distancing by putting at least 6 feet between yourself and others, including covering your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering, if possible.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Clean and then disinfect frequently used surfaces.
- Cover coughs/sneezes with a tissue or inside of your elbow.
- Monitor your health for symptoms, and stay home if you’re sick.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
COVID-19 affects all age groups – even college-aged students – and the social distancing guidelines, including wearing face coverings when around others, are to protect yourself and care for others as well.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control
and the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District
, as well as Baylor’s COVID-19 website
Baylor University COVID-19 Task Force