Summer/Fall 2021 University Event Guidance
General Guidelines – Updated Summer 2021
- Space capacity returns to pre-COVID-19 numbers.
- Sanitation (personal/ space) including hand washing stations, common use items, or general spaces are required for all events.
- Attendance tracking for all attendees present remains an expectation for contact tracing.
- COVID-19 symptom self-checks are required of each attendee.
- Event planners are expected to adhere to all COVID-19 guidelines in place at the time of their event.
- Please see the links below for additional information.
Return to Normal Plan – August 1, 2021
Off-campus student organization activities and/ or institutionally sponsored events
- Off-campus outdoor activities/events are planning in accordance with City of Waco guidelines.
- Indoor activities approved by Student Activities for student organizations and by home department for institutionally sponsored events will remain consistent with room capacity.
- Student-sponsored events meeting indoors must remain within stated room capacity. Advisor/staff member must assure protective health practices are followed.
- Outdoor events must maintain same staffing structure of 1 staff for every 50 participants.
- Indoor events are at 100% capacity and a staff coordinator must be present and actively monitoring protective health practices
- In-person classroom activity occurs according to social distancing and other COVID-19 protocols at the University.
- Academic events such as guest lectures, field trips, or conference activities must follow the same guidance described in this chart for off-campus and on-campus student organizations and institutionally sponsored events.
Student Events & Experiences
All student and organization events are managed through Baylor Connect (Engage) and reviewed by the Department of Student Activities. Click here for Student Event Policies. Click here for information on how to register your event in Baylor CONNECT.
Faculty/ Staff Events and Experiences
All events hosted by departments or academic units will be managed by Institutional Events (External Affairs) through the EPIC system. Click here to request approval for your faculty/staff event. This includes academic departments or administrative units that have independent facilities and/or assets. Click here for Provost Office Policies.
* External events will resume August 1, 2021, and can be submitted for review by the Office of Institutional Events.