COVID-19 Testing Information
Fall 2021 - Weekly Testing
Beginning on Monday, Oct. 18, Baylor University will transition from required twice-weekly COVID-19 testing to required once-weekly COVID-19 testing for non-exempt students, faculty and staff. The University will continue to re-evaluate the testing requirement.
Baylor University requires once-weekly COVID-19 testing for:
- All students, faculty and staff who have not been fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO, or
- All students, faculty and staff who have not had a positive COVID-19 test within 180 days of the date of the test. Example: If you tested positive on June 1, 2021, you will be exempt from testing until Nov. 28, 2021.
UPDATE: TESTING LOCATIONS/HOURS AS OF MONDAY, OCT. 18:
The Hankamer/Cashion testing location will be closed after Oct. 15.
Required once-weekly testing for non-exempt students, faculty and staff will continue to be available at:
- North Village Community Center: 7:45 a.m.–6 p.m. (Monday-Thursday) and 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m. (Friday). Use the Waitz app at https://waitz.io/baylor to check wait time.
- Clifton Robinson Tower, 5th Floor: 9 a.m.-noon Wednesday (employees)
- Washington Tower, 811 Washington Ave., Room 170: 1-5 p.m. Wednesday (employees)
Student testing Frequently Asked Questions are available here.
Employee testing Frequently Asked Questions are available here.
The University's COVID testing process is fast and easy:
Students who are symptomatic: If a student, regardless of vaccination status, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, they should log in to the Health Portal on the Baylor Health Services website to make an appointment for testing at the Health Center in the McLane Student Life Center.
Employees who are symptomatic or have been exposed to a positive case can make an appointment for testing at the Health Center through the Health Portal on the Baylor Health Services website, or they can contact their primary care physician.
Students who are unvaccinated and have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 must continue to complete their once-weekly testing requirements. However, if students experience symptoms, they should log in to the Health Portal on the Baylor Health Services website to make an appointment for testing at the Health Center in the McLane Student Life Center.
Fully vaccinated individuals who have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 should get tested 3-5 days after exposure, even if they do not have symptoms. Per CDC guidance, fully vaccinated individuals will not be required to quarantine as long as they remain symptom-free.
Confirming your vaccination
If you have been fully vaccinated, please confirm your vaccination by filling out the brief form at www.baylor.edu/vaccine and uploading a photo of your completed vaccination card. This HIPAA-protected information will be submitted to Health Services for exemption from weekly testing.
If you are interested in receiving a COVID vaccine, appointments are available through the Baylor Health Center. Instructions at www.baylor.edu/vaccine.