As of: July 8, 2020 6:32 pm
Baylor University continues to provide limited, yet essential on-campus services.
- Effective Monday, June 22, 2020, face coverings are required to be worn by all individuals (faculty, staff, students and visitors) in all buildings on the Baylor campus.
- Effective July 2, 2020: Texas Governor’s Executive Order establishes statewide face covering requirement in most counties.
- Employee and supervisor notification procedures regarding presumptively positive or positive tests for COVID-19.
- The Summer II online term runs July 9 to Aug. 12, 2020.
- Phase 4 of a five-phase strategic return to on-campus work is underway with staggered returns through Aug. 19, 2020.
- On-campus services are limited to essential campus services. Meals are to-go M-F at East Village Bakery.
2020 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases
- Texas Department of State Health Services reports 220,564 confirmed cases in Texas (104,467 active).
- Waco/McLennan County reports 2,283 confirmed cases (1,941 active).
- Since the summer semester began on June 2, there are 34 cumulative Baylor-related cases. (Updated July 8, 2020.)
Keep Working: Return to Campus
Baylor is preparing for a phased return to on-campus work. Informed by the latest guidance from local, state and federal government officials and public health authorities, the University COVID-19 Task Force has developed a five-phase strategic reopening of campus.