The Fall 2022 semester is underway from Aug. 22 to Dec. 7.
- NEW: Thursday, Oct. 27, from 1 to 3:30PM - Special Pfizer bivalent booster clinic for faculty, staff and students, their spouses and dependents 12+. INFO HERE.
- BOOSTERS: Health Center offers both updated Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 booster doses. INFO HERE.
- FLU SHOTS: Mobile flu vaccination clinics available on campus throughout October & November. Dates/hours/locations HERE.
- Isolation or Quarantine procedures if you test positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to a positive case.
- Symptomatic testing: Home test kits are widely available, and faculty, staff and students are encouraged to use these.
- Students who are symptomatic also can schedule a testing appointment in the Health Center through the Health Portal on the Health Center website.
- Faculty & staff should contact their personal healthcare provider for testing or use a home test.
- Fall 2022 COVID Protocols. Optional face coverings in all outdoor/indoor areas, including classrooms & labs. Exceptions include medical settings (Health Center) & when following isolation or quarantine protocols. Faculty, staff & students can choose to wear a face covering based on their individual health & safety needs.
WACO, Texas (Oct. 21, 2022) – The Baylor University Health Center is offering the updated Pfizer bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccine for Baylor students, faculty and staff, as well as spouses and dependents 12+, during an extended booster clinic from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, in the first floor lounge area of the McLane Student Life Center.
Health Center Offering New Bivalent Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 Boosters; Mobile Flu Vaccination Clinics Continue Through November
WACO, Texas (Oct. 6, 2022) – The Baylor University Health Center is offering the updated Moderna and Pfizer bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccines for Baylor students, faculty and staff, as well as spouses and dependents. Flu vaccinations also are available for students, faculty and staff at convenient mobile flu shot clinics scheduled through November.
WACO, Texas (Sept. 27, 2022) – With health experts expecting a more intense flu season this year, Baylor Health Services will host mobile flu vaccination clinics for students and employees at locations throughout campus in October and November. In addition, Health Services will hold an extended COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Friday, Sept. 30, to give the new Moderna bivalent booster.
WACO, Texas (Sept. 13, 2022) – The Baylor University Health Center has received a shipment of Moderna’s new bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccine, which is available now for Baylor students, faculty and staff.
With the Fall 2022 semester underway, Baylor University has updated its COVID-19 protocols, most notably on Isolation/Quarantine, as well as face coverings, testing and vaccination. The protocols are based on the latest guidance from the CDC and the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District.
It was such a joy last week to experience the musical and dance talents of the more than 1,500 students who participated in Sing this spring.
One outcome of the COVID-19 pandemic is that we have the ability to temporarily pivot to remote instruction and operations when winter weather conditions threaten. Gone are the days of waking up at 5 a.m. to see if it will be an ice or snow day. Of course, I fondly remember those snow days from when I was in college!
Today we are announcing the rescission of the University's facemask policy for classrooms and labs when used in academic settings. In other words, facemasks will be optional at Baylor – other than when requested in private offices – effective this Monday, Feb. 21.
As many of you are probably aware, many states, colleges and universities, and other organizations across the country are beginning to loosen their facemask requirements in response to the declining prevalence of COVID-19.