As of: April 2, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Baylor University is providing limited, yet essential on-campus services.
- Classes continue via online course delivery for the remainder of the spring semester.
- From March 23 through April 21, the City of Waco and McLennan County, Texas are under a Shelter in Place order.
- Everyone (including students) living in the Waco area is ordered to shelter at their residence (Baylor residence halls included). There are exceptions for essential services, which are addressed in FAQs on the city website.
- Baylor essential services: health, mail, financial, janitorial, maintenance, to-go food services, public safety, residence halls, technology support, scientific research & BU Shuttle.
- Dallas County, home to Baylor’s Louise Herrington School of Nursing, is operating under a similar Shelter in Place order.
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases
- Texas Department of State Health Services reports 4,669 confirmed cases in Texas.
- Waco/McLennan County reports 49 confirmed cases, including five (5) with connections to Baylor.
Student Hardship: Financial Support
Students experiencing financial hardships due to COVID-19 related changes can apply for a student emergency award. Read more about eligibility requirements and examples of needs that may qualify.
To those in the Baylor Family who are looking for tangible ways to help students who may have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19, gifts can be made to the President’s Excellence Fund. The President's Excellence Fund was created as a place where the Baylor Family can make philanthropic gifts, allowing the University to respond to emerging needs at the University.