Lambda Pi Eta | Student Organization
Lambda Pi Eta is the honor society of the National Communication Association. As an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies, Lambda Pi Eta has over 500 active chapters at colleges and universities worldwide. Baylor's Lambda Phi chapter was established July 19, 2000. The society exists to:
- recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- stimulate interest in the field of communication; to promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- establish and maintain closer relationships and mutual understanding between communication studies faculty and students, and
- explore options for graduate education in communication studies
For more information, contact Lambda Pi Eta chapter advisor Dr. David W. Schlueter.