Apply to the MA Program
To apply to the MA in Communication program, you must go through the Baylor Graduate School’s online application portal. If you were not previously a Baylor student with a Baylor ID, you will be prompted to create a GoGrad account to complete the online application.
Through the online portal, you will complete a standard application form and submit the following:
- A personal statement of your academic interests and professional goals (approximately 750 words)
- A writing sample reflective of your scholarly writing abilities (e.g., synthesis of research; ability to analyze and evaluate concepts; argumentation)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- Three letters of recommendation speaking to your abilities to thrive in graduate studies (at least two from faculty)
- Official transcripts of all college/university work
There is also a $50 application fee (applications cannot be reviewed until the fee is paid). International students are also required to submit either TOEFL or IELTS scores unless they have received a degree from a U.S. accredited institution of higher education.
Fall Enrollment (funding priority)
To be considered for funding and fall enrollment, applications should be received on or before February 1. The majority of students begin the program in the fall when teaching assistantships and scholarships are competitively awarded. The final application deadline for fall enrollment is May 1.
Occasionally, students begin the program in the spring. The application deadline for spring enrollment is October 1. If you are interested in applying for spring enrollment, please contact Graduate Program Director Dr. Lacy McNamee to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of spring entry.