Ashley Barrett, Ph.D.
- B.A., Political Science, Baylor University
- M.A., Organizational Communication, Baylor University
- Ph.D., Organizational Communication and Technology, University of Texas, Austin
- CSS 1302 Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- CSS 3304 Small Group Communication
- CSS 3310 Communication Theory
- CSS 4301 Organizational Communication
- CSS 4315 Health Communication
Current Research Interests:
My primary research interests involve studying the intersections of time, communication, and technology in healthcare organizations. In addition, my research centralizes how traditional and newer media are perceived and/or used to distribute messages in time-constrained conditions such as emergencies and crises. Finally, I investigate identity negotiation in the workplace and seek to further understand what makes work “meaningful" to people in different organizational and national cultures.
Family, Outside Hobbies and Interests:In my free time, I enjoy traveling in every direction and as far as expenses will allow. My favorite destinations so far have included Český Krumlov (Czech Republic), Edinburgh (Scotland), and Krakow (Poland), to name a few. When at home, and not in the classroom, I enjoy spending valuable time with my family and friends, including my beloved rescue dog and best friend, Gracie Bell. Other interests include college sports (Go Bears!), water and snow skiing, and any type of live music.
What is the best thing about being a Baylor Bear?