McLane Stadium, located at 1001 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., is where the commencement ceremonies will be held.
**I-35 Construction Update: Expect reduced lanes and closures throughout the Waco area. Please plan extra time to get to the stadium.**
For the most up-to-date information, please check here for live traffic updates or download the Waze app.
- Parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis at McLane Stadium.
- Additional parking will be available at the Dutton Avenue Parking Garage at 1111 S. University Parks Drive on the Baylor campus. Guests parked in this lot will access McLane Stadium via the Sheila and Walter Umphrey Pedestrian Bridge.
- Guests needing handicap parking should proceed to Lot 2 at McLane Stadium and ask parking attendants for directions to the appropriate area. This parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Golf carts will be available to transport guests to the gate areas.
- Allow sufficient time to park, proceed through security and be seated.
- If your guests require accommodations, plan to arrive early to avoid the heavy crowds in the parking areas and along the concourse.
- Wheelchair seating is available inside the stadium, and event staff ushers will be available to assist guests to these areas.
REGULATIONS: CLEAR BAG POLICY & SECURITY
Baylor University has implemented the clear bag policy for commencement ceremonies at McLane Stadium. All degree candidates, faculty and guests must walk through metal detectors in order to enter the stadium.
Under this policy, all degree candidates, faculty and guests may carry:
- One clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches or a one-gallon, re-sealable plastic freezer bag when they enter McLane Stadium.
- Small clutches approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, measuring no larger than 4½ inches by 6½ inches, are also permitted.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary bags or equipment, which will be inspected upon entry to McLane Stadium.
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & BEHAVIOR
In conjunction with the Big 12 Conference and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
Balloons of any type
Banners and poles
Fatheads, posters or signs
Video cameras, camera lenses larger than 4 inches, tripods and monopods
Chairbacks and cushions
Outside food and beverage
Outside flower arrangements (Floral kiosks will be available within the stadium or you may pre-order arrangements for easy pickup onsite at the stadium.)
Scooters, strollers, bicycles, roller skates and skateboards
Weapons, firearms and fireworks
Abusive, foul or disruptive behavior
Actions deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Smoking - traditional and non-traditional
Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
*Exceptions will be made for those with service animals.