The Ferrell Center, the location of commencement exercises, is on the corner of South University Parks Drive and LaSalle Avenue on the Baylor campus.
The physical address is 1900 South University Parks Drive, Waco, Texas 76706.
- The parking lot at Ferrell is accessible from both University Parks Drive and LaSalle Avenue.
- Parking for handicap or physically impaired individuals is accessible from the Daughtrey Street entrance off University Parks Drive.
- A circular drive located at the main entrance to Ferrell Center is available for those people wishing to drop off guests.
- Those with handicapped or elderly guests should ask a parking attendant for curbside drop-off before parking.
- Guests may be diverted to parking in the East Campus Garage on Daughtrey Street.
- Baylor DPS officers and parking assistants will direct guests to the garage.
- The shuttle service to Ferrell is provided at no cost.
- Seating for Commencement is first come, first served.
- Allow sufficient time to park and be seated.
- Tickets are NOT required for seating.
- If a disabled or elderly person will require accommodations, plan to arrive early to avoid the heavy crowds in the parking areas and along the concourse.
- Wheelchair seating is available inside the arena with rows in front of the area for family members.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & BEHAVIOR
In conjunction with the Big 12 Conference & for the safety of our guests & employees, the following are prohibited:
Balloons of any type
Banners & Poles
Fatheads, posters or signs
Camera Lenses Larger than 4", Tripods & Monopods
Chairbacks & Cushions
Outside Food & Beverage*
Outside flower arrangements
Scooters, Strollers, Bicycles, Roller skates & Skateboards
Weapons, Firearms & Fireworks
Abusive, Foul or Disruptive Behavior
Actions Deemed Dangerous or Inappropriate
Smoking - Traditional & Non-Traditional
Trespassing, Soliciting, Peddling & Loitering
Baylor University has implemented a clear bag policy for commencement ceremonies at the Ferrell Center
Under this policy, all degree candidates, faculty, families and guests may carry:
- one clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon, re-sealable plastic freezer bag when they enter the Ferrell Center.
- Small clutches approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, measuring no larger than 4½ inches by 6½ inches, are also permitted.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary bags or equipment, which will be inspected upon entry to the Ferrell Center.
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs