Family and Guests
*Please note that as we get closer to the ceremonies and we continue to monitor the global pandemic, our safety processes and protocols may need to change. We will update our website if changes are made.
NO TICKETS REQUIRED FOR GUEST SEATING
- Tickets are not required for access to the ceremonies.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. Doors will open 90 minutes before each ceremony begins.
REGULATIONS: CLEAR BAG POLICY & SECURITY
We want everyone to have a memorable experience at our commencement ceremonies in the Ferrell Center. The foundation of that experience is providing a safe and secure venue. Adopting a clear bag policy will help us to ensure each person’s safety so positive, lasting memories can be created. Under this policy:
- All degree candidates, faculty, family members and guests will walk through metal detectors in order to enter the Ferrell Center.
- All degree candidates, faculty, family members and guests may carry one clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches, or a one-gallon, re-sealable plastic freezer bag when they enter the Ferrell Center. All items that would be brought in a diaper bag must be contained in a clear bag according to the policy. Diaper bags are not allowed unless they are clear and within the size requirement.
- Small clutches approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, measuring no larger than 4½ inches by 6½ inches, are also permitted.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary bags or equipment, which will be inspected upon entry into the Ferrell Center.
SERVICES/ACCESS FOR GUESTS WITH LIMITED MOBILITY
- The Ferrell Center is fully equipped for ADA needs.
- Guests needing handicap parking or curb-side drop-off should ask parking attendants for directions to the appropriate area of the parking lot.
- Guests in wheelchairs or with walkers, those needing additional time to move through the building and guests who have trouble with stairs should arrive in sufficient time to avoid heavy crowds along the concourse.
- Ushers will be available to direct guests to accessible seating within the Ferrell Center.
- American Sign Language interpretation will be provided in the lower rows of section 112.
- Guests are asked to maintain the dignity of this ceremony.
- We understand your enthusiasm; however, to ensure that everyone can hear the names of the degree candidates as they are presented on stage, guests must refrain from loud, disruptive cheering.
- The use of any noise-making device is not allowed.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & BEHAVIOR
In conjunction with the Big 12 Conference and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
Balloons of any type
Banners and poles
Fatheads, posters or signs
Video cameras, camera lenses larger than 4 inches, tripods and monopods
Chairbacks and cushions
Outside food and beverage
Outside flower arrangements (Floral kiosks will be available within the Ferrell or you may pre-order arrangements for easy pickup onsite at Ferrell.)
Scooters, strollers, bicycles, roller skates and skateboards
Weapons, firearms and fireworks
Abusive, foul or disruptive behavior
Actions deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Smoking - traditional and non-traditional
Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
*Exceptions will be made for those with service animals.