Family and Guests
*Please note that as we get closer to the ceremonies and we continue to monitor the global pandemic, our safety processes and protocols may need to change. We will update our website if changes are made.
FACE COVERINGS OVER THE MOUTH AND NOSE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL INDIVIDUALS OVER AGE FIVE.
NO TICKETS REQUIRED FOR GUEST SEATING
- Tickets are not required for access to the ceremony.
- Seating is first come, first served. Gates will open one and one-half hours before each ceremony starts.
- We ask that you maintain social distancing at all times while in McLane Stadium.
REGULATIONS: CLEAR BAG POLICY & SECURITY
We want everyone to have a memorable experience at our commencement ceremonies in McLane Stadium. The foundation of that experience is providing a safe and secure venue. Adopting a clear bag policy will help us to ensure each person’s safety so positive, lasting memories can be created. Under this policy:
- All degree candidates, faculty, family members and guests will walk through metal detectors in order to enter McLane Stadium.
- All degree candidates, faculty, family members and guests may carry one clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches, or a one-gallon, re-sealable plastic freezer bag when they enter McLane Stadium. All items that would be brought in a diaper bag must be contained in a clear bag according to the policy. Diaper bags are not allowed unless they are clear and within the size requirement.
- Small clutches approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, measuring no larger than 4½ inches by 6½ inches, are also permitted.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary bags or equipment, which will be inspected upon entry to McLane Stadium.
SERVICES/ACCESS FOR GUESTS WITH LIMITED MOBILITY
- McLane Stadium is fully equipped for ADA needs.
- Guests needing handicap parking should ask parking attendants for directions to the appropriate area of Lot 2 at McLane Stadium.
- Guests in wheelchairs or with walkers, those needing additional time to move through the stadium and guests who have trouble with stairs will want to arrive in sufficient time to avoid heavy crowds along the concourse.
- Guests with limited mobility should enter through Gate C.
- Elevators are available at Gates B and C. Ramp access is available at Gate D.
- Ushers will be available to direct guests to accessible seating within the stadium.
- American Sign Language interpretation will be provided for the Commencement ceremonies. Some seats in Section 104 have been reserved for those needing this service.
- Assistive listening devices will be available at Guest Services at Section 114.
- Because this is an outdoor event, family and guests are strongly encouraged to dress comfortably for warm weather conditions and for walking long distances.
- Guests are asked to maintain the dignity of this ceremony.
- We understand your enthusiasm; however, to ensure that everyone can hear the names of the degree candidates as they are presented on stage, guests must refrain from loud, disruptive cheering.
- The use of any noise-making device is not allowed.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & BEHAVIOR
In conjunction with the Big 12 Conference and for the safety of our guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
Balloons of any type
Banners and poles
Fatheads, posters or signs
Video cameras, camera lenses larger than 4 inches, tripods and monopods
Chairbacks and cushions
Outside food and beverage
Outside flower arrangements (Floral kiosks will be available within the stadium or you may pre-order arrangements for easy pickup onsite at the stadium.)
Scooters, strollers, bicycles, roller skates and skateboards
Weapons, firearms and fireworks
Abusive, foul or disruptive behavior
Actions deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Smoking - traditional and non-traditional
Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
*Exceptions will be made for those with service animals.