Emily R. Smith, PhD, MSPH
- Epidemiology, global health, global surgery, pediatrics, health economics
Current Courses Taught
- PUBH 5V70-06 Global Health Epidemiology
- PUBH 3351 Epidemiology
- Sheahan A, Feinstein L, Dube Q, Edmonds A, Chirambo CM, Smith ER, Behets F, Heyderman R, Van Rie A.Early Antiretroviral Therapy Initiation and Mortality Among Infants Diagnosed with HIV in the First 12 Weeks of Life: Experiences from Kinshasa, DR Congo and Blantyre, Malawi. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2017 Jan
- Butler EK*, Tran TM, Nagarajan N, Canner J, Fuller AT, Kushner A, Haglund MM, Smith ER. Epidemiology of pediatric surgical needs in four low-income countries. (In press at PLOS One).
- Saxton AT, Poenaru D, Ozgediz D, Ameh EA, Farmer D, Smith ER, Rice HE. Economic analysis of children’s surgical care in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review and analysis. 2016 Oct 28;11(10):e0165480. PMID 27792792.
- Butler E*, Tran TM, Fuller AT, Makumbi F, Luboga S, Muhumuza C, Ssennono VF, Amandua J, Chipman JG, Galukande M, Haglund MM, Smith ER. Quantifying the burden of unmet pediatric surgical needs in Uganda: Results from a nationwide cross-sectional, household survey. Pediatrics and International Health. 2016 Sep 10 (Epub ahead of time. In press). PMID 27614904.
- Smith ER, Hudgens M, Sheahan AD, Willer WC, Wheeler S, Nelson JA, Dube Q, Van Rie A. Performance of HIV rapid tests to identify seroreversion and seroconversion in a breastfeeding, Malawian infant population. (in press Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal). PMID forthcoming.
Rollins College of Health & Human Sciences, HHPR
One Bear Place #97313
Waco, TX 76798-7313
Office: Rena Marrs McLean Gym 218
Phone: 254 - 710 - 4028
Fax: 254 - 710 - 3527