Qualifying for Travel Fellowship
- You must also apply for $400 travel award from the Grad School
- You have to be presenting something (i.e. poster or talk) at a conference
- You must provide some proof of the presentation. (i.e. abstract book or link)
- Fellowships cannot be combined (i.e. $1000 per trip only)
- This is not intended for courses, training, or collaborations
- Any amount in excess of the graduate school and departmental award must be reimbursed from a PI account
- You must follow the directions in the below Travel Award Checklist for approval, travel arrangements, and reimbursements
CBC Graduate Student Travel Fellowship/Reimbursement process
- Discuss appropriate conferences with your PI and get permission for travel and estimated expenses.
- Submit travel authorization in Ignite 1 month prior to leaving
- Apply for grad school travel award (up to $400)
- Book hotel, flights, conference registration, etc
- Book flights at least 6 weeks prior to reduce costs
- If you are staying at a hotel within Texas, Baylor is Tax Exempt. Please fill out and print the Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form and present it to the hotel upon check-in.
- Maintain ALL receipts
- Daily food per diem is $50
- Breakfast: $13
- Lunch: $14
- Dinner: $23
- Utilize cost-effective transfers to/from the airport (i.e. conference arranged buses/shuttles)
Post Travel (within a week of return)
- If you traveled and did not present, please contact the Grad program coordinator and/or Chris Davis to help walk you through the Ignite reimbursement.
- Scan ALL receipts
- Total the amount spent minus the Grad School award
- Mileage reimbursement is 0.586 cents to the mile
- Email Grad Coordinator (Emily_Jessup@baylor.edu) the above information plus proof of presentation.
- If your total amount is above the combined graduate school and departmental awards ask your PI which grant to charge the remaining amount to.
- Please email Chris Davis (Chris_P_Davis@baylor.edu) and Emily Jessup to set up a time to assist you through the Ignite reimbursement.
- The reimbursement will be directly deposited into your bank account.
**If you are traveling in May, please submit all information ASAP.
**If you require reimbursements prior to traveling, please work with Emily directly.