Kenneth Eyong, Ph.D.
Fulbright Scholar, Baylor 2016
Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Organic Chemistry, Univ. of Yaounde, Cameroon
What Baylor Chemistry / Biochemistry meant to my stay in the US:
"During my stay as a Fulbright Scholar in the CPRIT Synthesis & Drug Lead Discovery Laboratory at Baylor, I met committed graduate students and faculty working tirelessly to keep up with research and teaching activities, while always at the service of one another… at an institution built on Christian principles…..my research was a success due to the impressive departmental facilities....the Department is a wonderful research center and I will always look for opportunities to return whenever possible...."
1994-1997: B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry, and a minor in Chemical Process Technology, University of Buea with second class honours
1998/1999: M.Sc. (Chemistry) Department of organic Chemistry, Yaounde University I.
Dissertation: Phytochemical and Pharmacological studies of a Cameroonian Medicinal plant: Afzelia bipindensis (Ceasalpiniaceae).
1999/2001: DI.P.E.S.II: (Secondary and High school Teacher’s Diploma) Higher Teacher’s Training School (ENS) Yaounde.
2001/2002: D.E.A (1st Year PhD success attestation) Department of Organic Chemistry, Yaounde University I
Dissertation: Phytochemical and Pharmacological studies of a Cameroonian Medicinal plant: Celtis zenkeri (Ulmaceae).
2002-2006: Doctorate/PhD degree in Organic Chemistry. Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Paderborn/Yaounde University I
Research Theme: Phytochemical Investigation and Biological Activity of Newbouldia laevis (Bignoniaceae) and Hemisynthesis of New Phenazine Derivatives against Plasmodium falciparum in vitro.
- 1st may-1st August 2007 TWAS-UNESCO Associate Post Doc. Scheme (Madras-Chenai India)
- 1st September-1st December 2009 DAAD Post Doc. Research Scholarship University of Dortmund-Germany
- 1st June-1st September 2009 TWAS-UNESCO Associate Post Doc. Scheme (Madras-Chenai - India)
- 1st June-1st September 2011 TWAS-UNESCO Associate Post Doc. Scheme (Madras-Chenai - India)
- 1st June-1st September 2013 TWAS-UNESCO Associate Post Doc. Scheme (Madras-Chenai - India)
- 3rd January 2016 -3rd January 2017 FULBRIGHT PROGRAM (Baylor University- USA)